In this fast-paced world, one can barely manage peaceful and relaxing moments for themselves. Our mind is always occupied with stress, anxiety and worries from several reasons, be it work pressure, personal problems, or financial burdens. Apart from constant mind churning, the backbone of metropolitan cities- the 9-6 sitting jobs, make mortals mentally distressed and physically non-active.
To overcome their terrible states, people seek the help from toxic substances like alcohol and cigarettes which by giving temporary satisfaction become a permanent part of lives.
Our modern and advanced lifestyle comprised of stress, anxiety, poor diet, and lack of physical activity result in high blood pressure, high cholesterol and hence heart problems. Every year, millions of people die from cardiovascular diseases.
Heart Blockage, one of the severe coronary diseases is slowing down of heartbeats due to problem or disruption in electrical signals caused by heartbeats that cause the heart to contract and pump blood. In simple words, it’s an obstruction in heart’s electrical system that controls the rate and rhythm of the heart beats.
Yoga for heart patients is a boon as it has a lot of curative powers hidden in it. The breathing exercises of Yoga lower blood pressure, increase lung capacity, improve cholesterol levels and increase blood circulation.
The miraculous art of Yoga is a natural way for heart blockage treatment. Here are 5 simple yoga postures that can build your cardiovascular health:
- Nadi Sodha Pranayam (Alternate Nostrils Breathing): This yoga posture fills up your lungs with fresh oxygen and clears the mind. It detoxifies your body and reduces your stress, which is one of the major causes of heart block. Technique: Sit comfortably, cross-legged, inhale deeply through your right nostril while keeping your left nostril shut with the middle finger of right hand. Now, shut your right nostril with thumb and exhale through the left nostril. Repeat the cycle for 15-20 minutes.
- Brhamari Pranayam (Bee Breathing Technique): This breathing exercise is effective in the heart blockage treatment as it relaxes the cerebrum and relieves mental torments.Technique: Sit comfortably, cross-legged and close your eardrums from your index fingers. Inhale deeply and make a loud humming sound like a bee and then exhale gradually.Repeat this process for 3-4 times.
- Ardha Matysendrasana (Half King of the Fish Pose): This yoga asana increases oxygen supply to lungs, cure back problems, diabetes, constipation, menstrual problems in women and stimulates your spine and nervous system and more. Technique: Sit cross-legged, place your left leg over right and make sure that your left ankle should be touching your right thigh. Now, pass your left hand through the gap between your left leg and torso and try to hold your left ankle with it. Turn your torso to the right and remain in this pose for few minutes.
- Sukh Purvak Pranayam (Joy of Breathing Pose): This is a breathing exercise that calms and cools your mind, and gives you immense happiness while performing. Technique: Sit cross-legged, close your eyes and inhale through your while keeping your left one shut with your right little finger. Now, exhale through left nostril while keeping the right one with your thumb. Repeat the same on the other side.
- Salambha Bhujangasana (Sphinx Pose): This yoga pose allows your chest to open out and thereby stimulates the blood circulation in the heart region. Technique: Lie down on your abdomen, stretch your legs straight at the back and keep them slightly apart. Place your arms in the front of you with and your forearms parallel to each other. Relax in the pose for few minutes.
So, step onto your mat and cure your heart problems with yoga