As explained in “The Art Of Living”, Nadi means energy channel, Shodhana means cleansing and Pranayama means breathing technique. Nadi Shodhana Pranayama is a simple breathing method that purifies the energy channel allowing for the smooth flow of energy. With the de-stressing of the body and mind, you all will feel relaxed and make the body fertile and approachable.
Nadis are blocked because of the stress, presence of the toxicity in the physical sphere of the body, mental and physical trauma and unhealthy lifestyle. There are three types of Nadis in the body: Ida, Pingala, and Sushumna. When Ida Nadi does not function as required and is blocked people suffers from cold, depression, blocked left nostril, reduced mental energy and sluggish digestion. On the other hand, when Pingala Nadi does not smooth properly or is blocked, a person can experience heat, quick temper, dry skin, itching body, and excessive sexual energy and blocked nostril.
Nadi Shodhana Pranayama Benefits
- It provides calmness of the mind
- It operates therapeutically to cure the circulatory and respiratory problems.
- Release the stress from the mind and body.
- Purifies the blood of toxins and supplies adequate oxygen in each cell of the body.
- Maintain your body temperature.
- Balance the left and right hemisphere of the brain which is connected with an emotional and logical sphere of personality.
- Reduces heart diseases and high cholesterol level.
Nadi Shodhana can be very beneficial if it is practiced for five minutes every day but if it is practiced for ten to fifteen minutes, you can reap more health benefits. There are various types of Nadi Shodhana with some of them like advanced techniques incorporate both the breath retention and inhalation and exhalation techniques.